This week’s guest is Christian Castro, Co-Owner of Industry Finishes, a new company spinoff to flush out the already great logistical, office furniture & cubical supplies, facility services and IT Services provided by Reliant Group.
Highlights From This Episode:
What is your biggest challenge now? Christian wants to make sure they have the right people on the bus and in the right seats on the bus (to use the “Good To Great” verbiage). Some people want perfection and want to retain 100% of their customers… Christian is actually of the reverse philosophy: You’ve got to let go of the worse 5% to make room for the better 10% so you can focus on quality growth.
- What is your greatest strength? Being able to see an issue from many different perspectives but is able to assess it quickly to make a decision.
- What habit do you wish you had? Better and clearer timely execution of decisions.
- What boundaries have you setup to keep from being distracted by technology or other time suckers? Prioritizing opportunities – committing to particular opportunities and putting the blinders on to ignore the other opportunities so they can stay focused and keep quality high.
- What is the best advice you have ever received? Work hard now so you don’t have to work hard later.
- Do you listen to podcasts? What are your favorites? Casey Neistat
- What is your one book recommendation for our listeners? “Emotional Intelligence” by Daniel Coleman or “Emotional Intelligence 2.0” by Travis Bradberry & Jean Greaves
- Parting Guidance – “We all think that we have time… but we don’t” and this becomes truer and truer every day of our lives. They say everyday like its your last day because one day this will be true.
Episode Links & Resources:
- Contact Christian at Christian.Castro@gmail.com
- Reliant Group
- Industry Finishes
- Like on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reliant-Group-229137833919664/
- Learn more about Christian, other projects he’s working on and his business at: www.Sea-Town.com