Ep. 065 – Erin Dury Moore, ED of WS Helpline
This week’s guest is Erin Dury Moore, Executive Director of the West Seattle Helpline. The WS Helpline is a community-based nonprofit putting a stop to homelessness before it starts in West Seattle and White Center through emergency services to families and individuals.
This is the WS Helpline’s 30thyear. In 30 years they have grown a lot. The average assistance for rent utility or move-in deposit is about 300 dollars. They serve 100 percent of the eligible individuals that call.
Erin’s entire career has been in non-profit. Most recently, prior to her current role, she worked with child welfare and saw the impact of homelessness on families in the child welfare system.
Learn more about Erin Dury Moore, her role at the WS Helpline, her journey and how she got to doing what she does today in this episode of the Sea-Town Podcast.
- The West Seattle Helpline and how Erin got involved
- Keeping people in their homes
- What brought Erin to Seattle
- Major events for the WS Helpline
- The most challenging aspect of Erin’s role
- How the WS Helpline helps individuals in West Seattle
- What Erin enjoys doing in her free time
- What Erin loves most about West Seattle
- Erin’s background
- Best advice Erin has ever received
- Personal habits Erin possesses that contribute to her success
- Erin’s favorite podcast
Links & Resources:
- Guest’s Website: wshelpline.org
- Like on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wshelpline/
- Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/wshelpline
- Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wshelpline/
- Guest’s favorite podcast(s): Pod Save The People, Pod Save America
- Guest’s word of wisdom: We can create change in our world and in our community.
Ways to Subscribe to The Sea-Town Podcast:
- “Like” theSea-Town Podcast Facebook Pageto stay up-to-date
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Subscribe on Google Play
- Subscribe on TuneIn
- Subscribe on Stitcher
Help Us Spread the Word – Reviews Help a Ton!
Thanks for joining us again this week. If you have any tips, suggestions, or comments about this episode, email me at ChristianH@Sea-TownPodcast.com. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with a friend or use the social media buttons at the bottom of the post.
Finally, please leave us a nice review on iTunes, as ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated!